Skin Deco

Friday, October 31, 2008

Steal or Splurge? Fruity Scrubs

Fruity facial products always look very promising because they're usually colorful, smell yummy, and packed with Vitamin C and anti-oxidants. I choose fruity products over highly technical this-and-that technology anytime. Probably it's the perception that products using fruits are more gentle and "organic" (although that's not always the case).
The two fruity stars for today are Freeman Raspberry Facial Gel Scrub and RMK Gel Scrub. Can you guess which one's the 'spensive scrub?

What's your favorite fruity scrub? (if you've tried one, that is)

Read on for the reviews.

Freeman Raspberry Facial Gel Scrub (~RM18/150ml)

"This moisture-rich facial scrub, with raspberry extract and aloe vera, gently clears away impurities that clog pores, revealing brighter, smoother skin."

This HUGE tube of scrub that will last you ages smells so sweet and yummy (needs a dash of sour though) that you'd feel like wanting to squeeze it over your vanilla ice cream. The scrubbing granules are relatively small and dissolves as you scrub, making it gentle on the skin. I'm not too sure about moisture-rich but the scrub definitely doesn't dry out the skin. It's probably too gentle to do much deep cleansing but it does get out the dead skin cells. The result: brighter, smoother skin as claimed. All in all, this is a pretty decent scrub and it's gentle enough to be used every other day.

Available from selected Watsons and Guardian Pharmacies. FreemanBeauty.com




RMK Gel Scrub (RM120/100g)

"Cleansing scrub that gently exfoliates dead skin cells while moisturizing the skin. Gently dissolves sebum that clogs pores and eliminates roughness."

How many types of scrubs do you think this product has? One? Two? Try four! This gel scrub exfoliates with crushed aloe, peach seed, chamomile flower and soft scrub. I don't think the peach seed was properly ground because I've gotten a hairline scratch from it before. Stings! After scrubbing, the skin feels clean and soft but not moisturized. In fact, there was a slight tightening of the skin which I wasn't too fond of. The granules do dissolve as you scrub so it still rather gentle. But what I really like about this scrub is only the very kiwi-like scent. I know I've only gotten a scratch once but that's enough to prevent me from frequent scrubbing with this scrub.

Available from RMK counters.

For this round, I much prefer the drugstore scrub to the high end one despite the price.


In The Shadows...

St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub

I like the fact that the formula isn't drying but the granules are so friggin' big! Use it for the body instead. It's way to rough for the face.

5 comments:

心。葵 said...

I've used St Ives scrub, the old packaging, the particles are rough >_< But definitely scrub off the dead cells! It should, shouldn't it?

I smelled Freeman, quite nice, but I am a bit worried of using it. I don't have a very good experience with the body scrub (reviewing that later).

RMK is definitely expensive! But i wonder how it performs?

prettybeautiful said...

if me, i would def go for the freeman one. i can't justify the price of hell for just a tube of scrub......

Connie said...

Plue: But it's gonna rip your skin off! I'll be awaiting your review on the body scrub then! I've had no problems with the face scrub. RMK... a scrub's a scrub. It's not special. but it scratched my face!! :(

Pretty: RM320 for a La Mer scrub? :p That's one hell of a scrub though!

Tine said...

Haven't tried the first two, but I do agree with you. St Ives is far too harsh for the face. Great for the body though, which is what I've used it for.

Connie said...

Tine: I think they should change the name for the product or something. Can be really misleading to someone who may not be too accustomed with using scrubs. they may think that it's meant to be that rough and may just hurt their skin.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy