Skin Deco

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tutorial: Watered Down Jasmine


As inspired by xsparkage, this is a "watered down" version of the original Princess Jasmine inspired look.
xsparkage aka Leesha is one of my favorite YouTubers. I've learned so much about blending eyeshadow and she certainly inspires me to wear colorful looks. I love her bubbly attitude on camera and she's just plain adorable. And she loves cats!

Anyway, I hope y'all will enjoy this tutorial. I really suck at doing video tutorials so please pardon the horrible lighting and the awkward presentation.

My cold sore hurts so bad. Got any foolproof remedies?

Read on for pictures and description of items used.

The Original Look

The Inspired Re-creation

Items Used:

MAC Paint in Stilife
MAC Paint Pot in Rollickin'
Sweetscents Mineral Pigment in Peacock
MAC Pigment in Dark Soul
Matte Black Eyeshadow (from Manly 80-Color Palette)
MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
Smashbox Dual Eyeliner - Black
Flamingo Mascara
Clinique Lash Power Mascara
Jordana Powder Blush in Coral Sandy Beach
Origins Once Upon A Shine Lip Gloss in Sheer Fig



9 comments:

yummy411 said...

very pretty and i love the liner at the inner corner!

MisSmall said...

Most cold sore cream that contains aciclovir (eg. Zovirax) needs to be applied at the first sign of cold sore (when you're just starting to get that tingling sensation?).

If the cold sore is already there, Betadine Cold Sore Paint (not sure if this available in Msia) is an antiseptic and pain relieving formula. Also, lysine tablets might help to shorten the duration of cold sore.

Hope that helps. :)

gio said...

This look is so pretty!

I hope you feel better soon.

Irenelim said...

You look awesome! Love your eyes to the max! :)

Agnes said...

omg... u have the nicest eyes ever!!

i gonna do my somewhat similar watered down jasmine in pink/purple soonie. But i am not as good as you in blending and all @.@...

心。葵 said...

beautiful beautiful eyes.

always love ur fotds!

digie said...

hey dear, thanks for the tutorial!
oh ya, btw.
If you frequently get cold sores,u might wanna consult a doc as he can give u topical creams to reduce the pain and all. And also if they dun heal within a week or 2. and rmb don't kiss anyone!
get well soon! drink more water and rest well!

cheeeezie said...

connieeeeee! *waves* another great look, it might be just the thing i need for me to get out of my neutrals rut.

as for the poll, i love both your pic & video tutorials! i'm just greedy like that ;)

Connie said...

Kia: Thanks! The liner in the corner was quite a b***h to do.

Missmall: Thanks for the advice! I need to check if my current cold sore med contains aciclovir

Gio: Thanks :)

Irene: Thanks :) I thought I looked slightly fierce though. Lol

Agnes: Thanks! Can't wait to see your rendition. The colors quite easy to blend la.

Plue: Thankies :)

Digie: You're welcome! Haha, nothing refrains me from smooching! I don't care if the cold sore's contagious :p Rest! yes. that's wht I REALLY need. Thanks dear. :)

Cheeeezie: *waves* long time no see! Yes! get out of neutrals! Lol.
I like watching video tutorials because I can actually see the strokes of the brushes which is so much easier to capture than reading about. Sadly, I suck in videos. Lol. I have this extreme stage (rather, video) jitters.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy