Skin Deco

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tutorial: Fall Inspired - Golden Cranberry

Hayley, this is for you. A fall-inspired look using gold and cranberry eyeshadows with a brown liner. I was gonna use my mom's Bobbi Brown Chocolate Shimmer Ink which would be so much prettier with this look but I forgot to bring it with me where I was doing the tutorial. This look is in tandem with RMK's Fall/Winter Collection.

I'll post the directions for the tutorial later on because I am crazy tired. I just got back from work and I've been out for 15 hours. I'm totally parched. Tomorrow's another long day of work for me as well. -- UPDATED!
Meantime, enjoy the step-by-step pictures. I need to sleep. My head is pounding like crazy.

Read on for the tutorial, pictures and description of items used.


Items Used:
Eyes:
L'Oreal De Crease
Global Face Paint in Metallic Gold (review coming soon!)
Sweetscents Mineral Pigment in 24K Gold
Manly 80 Color Palette (2-I3, 1-I3) -- Post on how to label your palettes coming soon
Qianyu 9-Color Warm Palette (Dark Plum, Sunny Beige)
Shu Uemura Glow On Blush in P Gold 91
Indelible Gel Eyeliner in Chocolate Mousse
Bloop Eyeliner Pencil in Black
Maybelline Volum' Express Mascara
Canmake Extra Long Curl Mascara

Face and Cheeks:
L'Oreal True Match Foundation
Giorgio Armani Loose Powder
e.l.f. Luminance
Niks Blusher in Not Quite Terracotta
M.A.C. Mineralized Skin Finish in Light Flush (my bday prezzie from myself!)

Lips:
Cat Cosmetics Lip Liner in Naked Lip
M.A.C. Lipglass in Florabundance
M.A.C. Lipglass in New Flame (dabbed)


Apply L'Oreal De Crease all over the lid up to the brow bone. Get a tiny bit of Metallic Gold Paint and swipe+pat up to the crease with a synthetic brush (I've used my concealer brush).

Apply 24K Gold pigments onto the gold base with a fluffy eyeshadow brush. Pick up some 2-I3 with the tapered crease brush. Start at the corner of the eye and start doing little circles.

Then you'll get a blob of color. Blend the blob into the crease using circular back and forth motions. Go back to the fluffy eyeshadow brush and blend the pigment residue on the brush on top of the 2-I3.

Using the round crease brush, get some Dark Plum and apply it half way into the crease. Blend the Dark Plum with the tapered crease brush.

Apply P Gold 91 under the brow bone as highlight color. Using another round crease brush, apply Sunny Beige into the inner corner of the eyes.

Get your eyeliner on. Smudge some 1-I3 on half of the lower lash line.

Finish off by tightlining and applying mascara.

12 comments:

yummy411 said...

another beautiful look! i was planning on doing something similar with my spiced chocolate quad ;)

Lily said...

i love this look! you are so good at blending!

MisSmall said...

This is gorgeous! I'm going through a gold-bronze phase atm, and this look is perfect! :)

Hayley said...

omg Connie!! i lourve lurve lurve this look!! ;D
thank you so much! gotto go get my gold eye shadow soon!
thanks again sweet!

Askmewhats said...

this is a gorgeous look! I love the pop of gold!

心。葵 said...

BEAUTIFUL!

will do this for my outing~ :D

ah~ i heart this!

Agnes said...

ahhh this is pretty. but somehow these days i look shitty in browns. I use to look good in brown T_____T

gio said...

This is so pretty! The blending is great.

Paint Me Gorgeous said...

gorgeous! :)

Agnes said...

hey dearie, wanted to ask ur 24K gold pigment where isit from and i wonder if its really golden in colour? i am looking for a pigment that shines like GOLD. haha

Tine said...

Beautifully done. Love the gold ;)

Connie said...

Kia: thanks :) I'd love to see what you're gonna do with your Spiced chocolate quad!

Lily: Thanks! I owe it all to my brushes.

Missmall: Thanks :) Don't we all have phases! I've just gotten over my blue and green phase. well, kinda. I was in a yellow phase but I'm not sure if I'm out because I don't have a phase at the moment. Hmm.. I think the current phase is Cranberry. I can't seem to find the PERFECT Cranberry color! ie. MAC Cranberry. lol. A dupe.

Hayley: You're welcome! I'm glad you like it!

Nikki: Thanks, Nikki!

Plue: Thanks :)

Agnes: I don't like myself in brown. reddish browns are definitely a great twist.

Gio: Thanks :) brushes make a lot of difference

Paint me gorgeous: thanks :)

Agnes: 24k Gold is from Sweetscents Minerals. It's for of a soft gold with gold shimmers. I have a super golden pigment but the seller not selling anymore. No brand one.

Tine: Thankies :)

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy