Skin Deco

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Review: L'Oreal Telescopic Clean Definition Mascara

Do you know why it's called "Telescopic"?
Because you'll need a telescope to see those teeny lashes.

"L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Clean Definition mascara combines the flexi brush with a smooth, lengthening formula to provide a mascara that lengthens and magnifies lashes one by one. The brush head features 168 elastomer teeth which coat even the finest lashes smoothly. The formula contains a positive charge adhi-plus polymer, which allows the mascara to take hold and extend right to the tip of the lash. A new adhesive and flexible contouring polymer instantly moulds to lashes to lengthen them." -- Lotsa talky, no walky.

Read on for comparison pictures and review.

I clearly made the wrong decision when I chose this over a second tube of Maybelline Volum' Express. The long telescope-shaped tube only barely fits into my makeup pouch. The formula did nothing whatsoever for my lashes -- no curl, no volume, no length. The only thing I liked about this mascara was probably the thin and small flexi-brush that's great for reaching miniscule lashes and seperating them. Thank goodness my mom was willing to adopt to lost-hope since she's all for natural-looking lashes.

Do you see any difference?

Note the short review? I really couldn't be bothered with this mascara.



Image Credit: www.stylefinder.com

7 comments:

心。葵 said...

never in my life i bought a loreal mascara :P

oh! i had one! from warehouse sales. smudged on me though it's waterproof. tsk tsk.

threw it. turbo boost is anytime better though it smudges also. but it does the job of volumizing + lengthening pretty well!

Cyndi said...

Thanks for this review! I was tempted to buy this because the description seems like something that I am aftering for. Thank God I read your review before I purchase this mascara.

Tine said...

I've long given up on mascaras with wands such as those. No clumps, yes. No volume, oh yes.

Give me back the brush anytime ;)

Stephanie / Yukaeshi said...

I have really, really long lashes that's kind of droopy, and I find that this mascara works for me (Along with my shu uemura eyelash curler) and especially coating the little tiny lashes on the sides of my eyes. I love the brush more compared to the conventional brush though :x But that's just me, to each their own :P

Connie said...

Plue: I've tried a few L'Oreal mascaras but they've never worked for me.

Cyndi: I would definitely suggest getting other mascaras such as Maybelline's Volum Express. And maybe I'd even recommend Rimmel Glam Eyes if it's working for me!

Tine: Surprisingly my Clinique Lash Power works well on me though with that teeny brush *shrugs* I actually love the tiny brush (you don't know how annoyed I get by the DiorShow brush) but the formula is majorly sucky.

Stephanie: Great that it works for you. Too bad it didn't for me :( The brush is great. Just that the formula, not so much. I have found a new love. RMK eyelash curler. Lashes stay up! And only RM35 (cheap compared to Shu and Shiseido)

Stephanie / Yukaeshi said...

Yeah, the formula isn't that much to write home about really. Have to admit, the brush is awesome.

Oooh! Thanks so much for that recommendation! Will definitely check out RMK's eyelash curler :D

Connie said...

You really should! 12-hour curl. For me at least.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy