Skin Deco

Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Little Birthday Treat

Fine. I used my birthday as an excuse to get M.A.C.'s Mineralized Skin Finish.
But it's pretty! Besides, I've been wanting to get one and I finally managed to get a brand new one for RM70! (from Beauty4Less) Not bad right? Right? Right?

Rocking the glowy cheeks.
Btw, how do you like my new grey Geo Angle Lens?

Read on for the review and swatch.

For those of you who don't know what a M.A.C. Mineralized Skin Finish is, it's basically baked powder: "luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on: adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks, brows, anywhere on the body: provides an ultra-deluxe polish to the skin".
Unlike regular powders, mineral-infused water is used as part as the baking process. When the liquid slurry is formed, pigments are added and the mixture is carefully shaped and then baked for 24 hours. The water then evaporates and leaves this unique powder behind. -- Makeupforlife.net
Don't be mistaken with M.A.C. Mineralized Skin Finish/Natural which is "a luxurious domed face powder with minerals, slowly baked to provide a dimensional yet natural-matte finish. Provides perfect low coverage. Use to set and fix foundation or as a touch-up throughout the day".

Mineralized Skin Finishes are all limited edition and can be quite the investment with some colors going for up to USD200! Unfortunately, cosmetics are hardly ever investments for me. More like liabilities. I have this urge to collect. Anyway, the color that I got, Light Flush, is from the N Color Collection.

Light Flush is a soft pastel pink with deep bronze veining. It gives my mid-toned skin a fine pinkish glow that is oh so sweet *bats lashes*. It's not very noticeable but it adds rosiness to liven up the bronze/coral blush shades that I usually go for. Just the right amount of pink so that I don't look like a China Doll. It's not so much a color but more of a sheen. The huge pan of powder can be used for a very very long time.

I'm really glad I made this purchase. This is not something that gives a va va voom effect but it's just something very satisfying although subtle. Kinda like my Clinique Lash Power Mascara. Sometimes the things that you love don't necessarily have to be perfectly wonderful. They just have to hit you in all the right places.


8 comments:

MisSmall said...

"Sometimes the things that you love don't have necessarily have to be perfectly wonderful. They just have to hit you in all the right places."

Well said, gal. :)

Connie said...

*blushes* thanks. Lol.
Oh gosh, *goes off to edit typo* I've been typing in my sleep. going to work soon!

心。葵 said...

you look gorgeous! love those contacts!

but i am worried with wearing one... never wore glasses / contacts for my whole life and i'm scared to try one :(

how to decide which is lens is good?

Tine said...

I've kinda torn in getting this one. As in, I wanna get it, 'cos it looks great, but that would go against my principles in boycotting MAC. Yeah, long story, will blog about it some day :p

But now, after looking at it on your blog, I want it bad. Dammit.

Connie said...

Plue: I wear glasses but not corrective lenses. The one I got has no power. Lol. Cuz I have astigmatism and lenses for astig are expensive. This one just play play only. "fatt how" haha.

Eh.... my first time wearing colored lens actually. My friends who are more "senior" still suggests freshlook color blend lenses for new users because they're more comfortable and natural-looking.

Tine: I would love to read about why you're boycotting MAC. I don't think I've ever boycotted a brand before. Lol.

*tempts Tine*

心。葵 said...

Hahahaha~

You are funny. Once a while playing with lens not bad la :P At least it look nice on you. :)

I don't think i wanna wear lens, i am too lazy to clean and everything. Kakakakak~ :P

I don't quite boycott MAC, but I HATE their SA service. Ugh~ Kenot tahan. I am so tempted in getting this Mineralized Skin Finishes - Light Flush after reading your quick review. :D

Is this a blusher? Hm... or a highlighter?

Evon said...

i personally feels that this one is more suitable for "brown" skin girls..

Connie said...

Plue: I wanna get a few more colors but when my wallet has recovered. keh keh. The cleaning very quick only. If you're not using for corrective purposes it should be a hassle. kinda like wearing makeup.

I haven't actually bought anything from a MAC store before so I can't say for sure. It can work as many things depending no the colors. pink shade would be blushers, bronze shades bronzers, fair shades as highlighters.. can be used on eyes... etc. But the colors are all limited edition. You can probably just look out for MSF from new collections and try them out first.

Evon: I've read about that too. I think the pink would not show up on fairer skin tones too well. I only took a chance on Light Flush since my skin is a tad tanned.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy