Skin Deco

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Incredibly Soft Synthetic Kabuki Brush and CHEAP!

I was walking around Sungei Wang and look at what I found!

The regular price is RM35.90 but it was 50% off so I only got this brush for RM17.95. That's a really good price for such an incredible brush. I couldn't believe how soft the synthetic brush was. It felt ticklish on the skin kinda like how satin feels. I say satin because when compared with the Everyday Minerals Flat Top Brush, EDM is like silk. Nevertheless, this brush should be the closest to the softness that you can get in a closer proximity and for a steal of a price.


Read on to find out where to get this brush!


I have not taken this brush for a spin yet but from the resilience and density of this brush, I would say that this would not be very good for buffing on mineral foundation but it should be great for applying loose powder, glow powder, blush and bronzer. The bristles are longer than my Pink Kabuki so it's less resilient although it's quite dense. The handle is longer that a regular kabuki so it gives a better grip.

Size wise, it's bigger than the EDM brush but smaller than my Pink Kabuki.

There is also a bigger full-sized powder brush (RM49.90 and 50% off) of the same type of bristles.

You can find them at Blink on the First Floor of Sungei Wang Plaza. From the outside of the shop, they seem to be selling a lot of hair accessories like Chamelon and Sinma but walk to the back and you'll find a bunch of cosmetic products including Manly palettes (expensive though), VoV cosmetics, BB cream and a whole lot more. Ths staff there are friendly and helpful. They were not fussy when I asked if i could open the box to feel the brush. The cashier even told me that their boss will be bringing in more cosmetic products from Korea on the 1st of October so that would be a good time to check out the store!

10 comments:

心。葵 said...

omg... and i just told the bf i dowan to go to Sg Wang ady becuz he purposely drove me all the way to Cheras for my MJ. >_<

and you tempt me with this brush.

how long will the promo last?

and ah... wat's kabuki for dy? only for mineral mu only?

i kinda forgot. LOL

Askmewhats said...

this is a great post for readers you have who wants kabuki brush that doesn't create a hole in the wallet! :)

Cyndi said...

EDM flat top is still better than this kabuki? I already have a kabuki myself, and also EDM flat top but well, it won't hurts to get one more spare kabuki brush for myself =P

Lily said...

oooh it DOES look soft :D I think I should invest in getting another kabuki brush. i have the EDM one, but i feel like I use that one to death lol

Tine said...

RM17.95 for a good kabuki brush is a very good buy. Good on ya for finding a bargain! ;)

Stephanie / Yukaeshi said...

I'm totally digging EDM's kabuki brushes. I have 2 of their kabuki brushes (One for spare) and another flat top kabuki brush. Am looking for a brush for light application of powder though. Might just try this out...

Connie said...

Plue: Nevermind, still got chance to get the brush. Haha. I saw they still have quite a number in stock. I asked the salesperson, she said while stock lasts. This kabuki can use for loose powder, bronzer and blush. I would not recommend this for mineral makeup

Nikki: A great brush to have but I wouldn't use it as how I'd use my Kabuki though. The bristles are too long for my liking.

Cyndi: EDM would be better for mineral makeup of course since it's more dense and the bristles are shorter. This kabuki would be my 4th. Tell me about it!

Lily: It is soft! I was utterly surprised. Can never have too many, can you? Lol

Tine: I love it when I manage to find bargains. It feels like I've won a nobel prize or something. lol

Stephanie: Wahh... so many backups! Yeah, this would be great just for powder application. If you prefer bigger brush you can get the full sized one.

心。葵 said...

Erm, Connie, can I ask you a favour?

Do you go to Sungai Wang often? Cuz I think I want this brush, but I hardly go there (the bf don't allow me to. T_T)

Was wondering if it's not a trouble and if you are in Sungai Wang, can help me buy this? I will pay you the postage fees~~~

Do let me know okie? Thanks. ^_^

Connie said...

Plue: I was gonna get the brush for you but then my shift suddenly change I had to go into work early so no time to go Sg Wang jalan as I normally would while waiting for my shift. I seldom go Sg Wang. Just so happen I was working at Pavilion the past few days but today was my last day :( Sorry!

心。葵 said...

oh it's ok :)
maybe after raya i will head down there for a bit :)

i will now need to remember this shop and hopefully... the brush is still there!

^_^

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy