Skin Deco

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fruity Inspirations: Grapefruit and Cherry

Don't you just love fruits? They're colorful, delicious and nutritious! Both grapefruits and cherries are loaded with Vitamin C which is a powerful anti-oxidant. I despise those "artificial" cherries that you get on cakes though. Tastes awfully medicine-like.

Anyways, here are two looks that I call Grapefruit and Cherry -- first one I did for work (and took pictures in the public washroom) and the second for school. The looks were not initially inspired by the fruits though. More like the looks inspired the fruits because I don't know what to call them. Grapefruit was such an easy a pretty look to do and this time, I managed to use more RMK products (blush, lip color, mascara, brows) so you can have a gander at how they'd look. For Cherry, I've mixed the green and the red to create a purplish middle lid color which I think is one of the many advantages of blending. This combination did not show up too well in pictures though. *bummed*

Read on for more pictures and description of items used.

Grapefruit


RMK Creamy Make Up Base
RMK Creamy Foundation in 103
Missha Perfect Concealer
Giorgio Armani Loose Powder
e.l.f. Healthy Glow in Luminance
RMK Ingenious Blush in 21
88 Color Palette (Light Orange - 9th Column, 2nd Row; Orange - 9th Column, 3rd Row; Dark Purple - 8th Column, 8th Row; Lilac - 8th Column, 2nd Row)
MAC Pigments in Provence
MAC Fluidline in Non-Conformist
RMK Separate Curl Mascara in Black 01
RMK Eyebrow Pencil N in 03
RMK Irresistible Lipliner N in Silver Brown 09
RMK Irresistible Lips C in Orange Brown 14


Cherry


RMK Creamy Make Up Base
Foundation Cocktail (Revlon Age Defying Light Makeup, Loreal True Match Liquid Foundation, Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer in #2)
Giorgio Armani Loose Powder
e.l.f. Healthy Glow in Luminance
Jordana Powder Blush in Tawny Beige
MAC Eyeshadow in Glare
Elianto Shimmer Eyeshadow in Autumn Green 20
Purple Glitz Shimmer Palette - Bright Red
MAC Pigments in Revved-Up
MAC Pigments in Fairylite
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
MAC Glitter in Blackened Red (lower lash line)
Clinique Lash Power Mascara
Prescriptives Eyebrow Powder
Beauty Basics Lip Gloss in Nude



13 comments:

Lily said...

i love the cherry look! you are so good at making bright colors wearable!

Hayley said...

yummy yummy look! hehe..
at least its smth new..no more smokey eyes...hehe

Connie said...

Lily: Thanks :) Yeah. colors can totally be wearable and not clown-like. I just get so sick of browns and neutrals

Hayley: Thanks :) Not smokey eyes but did you notice that almost all of my looks are at least slightly "smoked"? I usually play with all the colors and then I add just a bit of dark color into the crease so that it gives the eyes more depth. I find this quite important for asian eyes without a very defined crease. If I don't at least smoke the finished look, my eyes actually look rather swollen. Lol.

cheeeezie said...

i can't decide which i like better because both looks are stunning! you pull off the brightest colours sooo well. /salute

how's the job coming along? :)

Connie said...

Thank you, madamme. I'm starting to really dig red+green combinations but I'm yet to get better looks with them.

Eh, working at RMK is kinda boring at the moment because the brand's so new here and the response is kinda slow... so not many people. I won't be working up til end of sept cuz I'm having my finals. Then it's back to the counter for 10 days, I think. It's nice to venture into different brands now and then but I do miss working at La Mer (my comfort zone) and especially Giorgio Armani. Oh! GA has this new bronzing liquid that just came out that's so cool. Very natural but I probably don't need the extra tan -_- When will you be back in Malaysia? I'll be having a contest in October and it'd be awesome if you could join ;)

cheeeezie said...

i'm not sure when i'll be back in malaysia next, but i'm hoping it will be sometime in december.

i hope you don't mind me asking, but how did you land yourself a job at the RMK promo? do you need any prior experience at a beauty counter? i was thinking of taking up a part time/casual job the next time i'm back, and i reckon promotions would be the easiest thing for me to get into on a short-term basis.

it would be sooo cool if we had a malaysian beauty blogger meet too :D

Connie said...

Do e-mail me bout the job thingy ;) It's rather long-winding. Lol

Totally cool! But how many malaysian beauty bloggers do we actually have at the moment... (and who'll turn up?!) hmm...

mandy13 said...

Hey pretty makeup! Hey!I heard Jessica Alba say in an interview that she used this product called Abs in a Box to get her pre-baby body back. Then I saw these products by a company called It Cosmetics www.itcosmetics.com on the Today Show so I thought I would try them. I TOTALLY look like I've lost 15 lbs instantly and I feel like I'm finally able to get that in-shape look I've been working so hard for in the gym. I used their ABS IN A BOX and SMOKIN' HOT LEGS. I am now going to order the MY BEAUTIFUL BREASTS kit.



Just thought I'd share this GREAT find!!!

Connie said...

Thanks for sharing, Mandy :)

rebecca said...

Boats Sail On The Rivers

(1)

Boats sail on the rivers,

And ships sail on the seas;

But clouds that sail across the sky,

Are prettier far than these.

(2)

There are bridges on the rivers,

As pretty as you please;

But the bow that bridges heaven,

And overtops the trees,

And builds a road from earth to sky,

Is prettier far than these.

-----by runescape gold

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

6 more blogs to go? Arrrggghhhh!!!

yummy411 said...

the grapefruit look is awesome and my fav! both are very pretty, but the grapefruit is calling me!

Connie said...

Kia: Thanks :) I like grapefruit better too! I wish the color showed up as good as it did in real life though. There was much more contrast.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy