Skin Deco

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Night At The Cultural Palace


Concert of Yesterday's Serenade With Alleycats
(Konsert Senandung Semalam Bersama Alleycats)


On the 27th, we (mom, mom's bf, aunt, me) attended a 2-hour charity concert at Istana Budaya by Alleycats featuring Hattan and Jaclyn Victor (Malaysian Idol) in conjunction with mom's birthday on the next day. Not knowing the lyrics to ANY of the songs (well, maybe except for their rendition of The Platter's 'Only You'), I felt rather lost in the auditorium. Nevertheless, my mom and many huge fans in the audience enjoyed the concert very much. Not to mention, the concert was for a good cause to raise funds for the Lung Foundation of Malaysia which hits close to home for the Alleycats because one of the lead singers, Logan, passed away May of last year from lung cancer.

Read on for more pictures and to read more about my makeup for the night.



I couldn't get pictures inside because non-authorized cameras were not allowed. I had to borrow this picture


And this would be the only photo I managed to get and it was a click too late because SOMEBODY did not know how to use a camera and people started to move and I couldn't get a better shot because they had to drag Jaclyn Victor away. Mom's the teethy one with short hair. My aunt to the left followed by Jaclyn Victor.

Since I got to go to a pretty posh place, I took the opportunity to doll up a little and go all out with my makeup. Lol. My first time going out with such dramatic makeup and I really really need to get used to wearing falsies for long hours. I was feeling nostalgic so I wore my 7-year-old dress and also because that's the only basic dress that I have in my condo.



Items Used:

Missha BB Cream
Loreal True Match Liquid Foundation
Missha Perfect Concealer
ELF Tone Correcting Concealer
Revlon Skinlights in Peach Light
Giorgio Armani Loose Powder
Stila Illuminizing Bronze Powder
88-Color Palette (Light teal, teal, black)
Shu Uemura Glow On Blush in P Gold 91 (highlight)
Indelible Gel Eyeliner in Black Cherry
Smashbox Dual Ended Eyeliner Pencil
Clinique Lash Power Mascara
Chamelon False Lashes
DON Eyelash Adhesive
Prescriptives Eyebrow Powder




Photo Credit: http://www.radio24.com.my/blog/

2 comments:

Aunt Bubbly said...

i remember tht dress..richard concert at genting!

Connie said...

Lol! yeah. actually bought it for Benson's wedding so yeah. 7 years!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy