Skin Deco

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Quick Big Eyes

First day of college!!!

I've been having bad skin lately so for today's look I didn't really want such a heavy base but just enough to hide the imperfections and even out the skin tone. The eye make up, in my opinion, makes my eyes look rounder and thus, bigger-looking. I really like this makeup for day so here's how you do it! And please excuse my hideousness in the before pictures.

Items Used:

Missha BB Cream
ELF Tone Correcting Concealer
Revlon Skinlights in Peach Light
Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Soft Plum
Giorgio Armani Loose Powder
Indelible Cream Eyeshadow in Bare Necessity
Shu Uemura Glow On Blush in P Gold 91
Giorgio Armani Eyeshadow in #61 (i think)
Indelible Gel Eyeliner in Black Cherry
Flamingo Mascara + Etude Fibre
Smashbox Duo Eye Pencil
Prescriptives Eyebrow Powder
Giorgio Armani Lip Shimmer in #19




Start with a clean, moisturized face. Apply BB Cream all over with fingers or a foundation brush. Next, dot concealer where you need it and blend to hide those pesky spots and skin discolorations. Add some healthy glow by sweeping a peachy illuminizer on your cheekbones, forehead, nose and chin. For some color, blend mousse blush onto the apples and set everything with a light dust of loose powder.



Prep eyelids with an eye primer. Apply a soft highlight color under the brow blending towards the lid. Sweep on a bronze eyeshadow all over the lids and blend into the crease.



Pick up some highlight color with your brush and blend along the separation line in back and forth movements.



Draw a thick line of gel eyeliner creating a well-defined wing. Tightline with a black pencil. Curl lashes and apply thick coats of mascara. Line the bottom waterline with white eyeliner pencil. Fill in the brows with eyebrow powder.


Slap on some peachy gloss and done!

Please ignore the following pictures, I just felt like cam-whoring today. Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

yummy411 said...

yay! first day of college... to see the people that you will love for a lifetime! you look absolutely gorgeous. i've been staying away from my signature white liner on my waterline, but you make me miss it. have fun...oh and i'm sooo jealous of your liner skills, i can't get the perfect wing to save my life! no matter how many tuts i watch.

Hayley said...

connie...been browsing ur blogs for some times..good works!! ;)
can u post something up for applying fake eye lashes?? hehe..i knew the basic steps but am wondering is there any add on that can make the falsies more outstanding.
thx!!

TAG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie said...

"to see the people that you will love for a lifetime!"
That's what I thought! Until found out that the bunch of them went to the beach without me. Tsk tsk tsk!
I've only just started experimenting with white eyeliner. I'm not crazy about it but it works for certain looks. Eyelining requires practice and gel eyeliner did make my life so much easier. I'm sure you can do it too!

Thanks Hayley. I'm gonna post a tut on applying false lashes soon but it wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary though since I haven't had much experience with falsies.

Eve said...

dear couz...u need sleep =p

Connie said...

I need sleep and a mask! :p

Anonymous said...

I am going to use your advice on the eye make up.. I have been watching you tube tutorials forever on eye shadow prep and application...


I am happy, I found your page.

Connie said...

Thanks for supporting my blog :) I'm more than happy to have helped

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy