Skin Deco

Monday, May 5, 2008

One Mascara, Two Looks

I tried this method of applying mascara to see if it really works. For both eyes, I used Maybelline's Unstoppable Shiny Black Mascara. For the left eye, I added liquid liner, a spoolie (mascara wand brush) and some patience. The results, thicker, longer and fuller lashes. This shows that in many cases, the application may affect the outcome rather than the formula itself.


Do you see the difference?

Here's how you do it:

  1. Fill in the gaps between the root of the lashes with a liquid liner and line the inner rim of the upper lash line to give the illusion of fuller lash line.
  2. Curl your lashes from root to tip.
  3. Coat lashes with mascara starting from the root and wiggling the wand upwards to the tip. This helps to get more product onto the lashes. Repeat a few times.
  4. Comb through lashes with a spoolie and reapply mascara.
  5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you get the result that you want.

I hope you'll find this helpful! Give it a try and let me know how it turns out. The key ingredient here is patience.

3 comments:

yummy411 said...

omg! look at that difference! your lashes look amazing!

GG said...

Great tip! liquid tightlining definitely gives a more oomphy and shiny look than pencil tighlining. It's fresher!

Thanks for the tip and for reading my blog!

Connie said...

yummy: thanks! I know! it's amazing, isn't it? I didn't think that this technique would actually work. I was so wrong!

GG: thanks :) I'd still use a pencil liner though because the liquid liner that I'd have eventually "peeled off". I need a new liquid liner before I get religious with this.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy