Skin Deco

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Part Three: Reviews!

The final part of the very long post, I'll be doing reviews on the Amuse Stick Foundation, L.A. Colors Liquid Makeup, Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush, Indelible Cream Eyeshadow and Averine Loose Powder.






Indelible Cream Eyeshadow


I got Bare Necessity to use as a base. I've previously mentioned that I liked this cream eyeshadow and I still do. However, I've been using it for awhile and I find that when used with loose powder pigments, the colors are not entirely impressive compared to using a mixing medium base. It also dulls down some colors like greens and blues. Also, those with oily lids may not fancy it too much as it does crease for them. On the bright side, it works wonderfully with regular pressed eyeshadow and I use this everyday. I'll still get an Urban Decay Primer Potion someday though.

My Rating: 3/5


Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush

I was surprised to really like this blush! I haven't been particularly convinced with a mousse blush but I thought I'd give it a try and it's wonderful! The color I got was Soft Plum and on my skin tone it gives the had-a-glass-of-wine look. It also has very finely-milled shimmer in that sculpts the cheeks as well. The texture is excellent as it's very easy to blend and turns from mousse to powder giving a really smooth finish. The color also lasts the whole entire day with lotsa heat and sweat so that's definitely a plus! I normally use this as my base blush color now.

My Rating: 4.5/5


Amuse Stick Foundation

This is gonna be one of the cheapest stick foundation that you can get with great quality. At only USD1.99 (from cherryculture.com), it's practically a steal! This is my staple travel and I-only-have-2-minutes-to-put-on-my-face foundation. It's in a twisty transparent tube which I'm not too crazy about because it looks messy but thank goodness the content was awesome! The stick of cream foundation isn't too oily. In fact, I find it slightly drier than my liquid foundation but it's not cakey and doesn't give a powdery finish. The coverage can be easily adjusted and it's just so easy to use -- just draw on where you want it and blend. The staying power isn't too bad either. Definitely a must have especially for your cosmetic pouch. The color I got was Medium Beige I think. I find it a bit fair for me so I'll get a shade darker next time.

My Rating: 4/5


L.A. Colors Liquid Makeup

This is a very impressive product for me especially for it's price which is USD4.99 from cherryculture.com. The foundation gives pretty good coverage and doesn't cake up at all! It makes the skin look really glowy but not oily throughout the day. The texture is just really smooth without being too runny and the color doesn't dull down after oxidation. However, it's not water resistant so when u get caught in the rain you can actually see the water droplets on your face clouding up. Also, the color I got was Natural which happens to be a tad pinkish for me so to fix this, I use a yellow illuminzer as a base. I'm not a fan of the traditional liquid foundation bottle packaging with no pump though. Kinda messy. Nevertheless, I'll definitely get this again in my next Cherry Culture order but in a different color.

My Rating: 4/5


Averine Silky Smooth Loose Powder


The texture is really smooth and the powder is very very light. This brand is excellent for those with sensitive skin and prefers a product that has been dermatologically tested, non-comedogenic, and fragrance free. Personally, I'm not crazy about this powder because I find it a little dry and slightly cakey compared to my usual Giorgio Armani Loose Powder. However, if you happen to have normal to oily skin then you can go for it. It's good for absorbing excess oil because of the talc in it.

My Rating: 3/5





Photo Credit: www.madminerals.org, www.maybelline.com, www.cherryculture.com, www.averine.com

2 comments:

Lilcarmen said...

aww...you should get an UDPP earlier..ngek ngek ngek..I want the amuse stick foundation..=(..I want it......sobsob

Connie said...

I'll wait for UDPP's new packaging to come out. They say they're working on it. Hee hee.

I want to get more of the Amuse foundation too but not so soon.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy