Skin Deco

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Take Care!.........of Your Lips

Having eczema-prone lips, lip balms are a huge MUST for me. I apply lip balm more than I drink water. I've tried soooo many types of lip balms before and I'm still looking for the ultimate lip balm. Meanwhile, here's what I have to say about some of the many lip balms that I've tried and tested.


Neutrogena Lip Moisturize (RM12.90) / Eucerin Lip Active (RM14.90)

These 2 are my favorite daily lip balms. Both helps to relieve dry and chapped lips effectively without looking oily. Packaged conveniently in a twist tube, they're easy to apply and carry around. Both contains SPF but Neutrogena has SPF15 while Eucerin has SPF8. Eucerin also contains vitamin E. They do not have any distinct smells and have satisfying staying power. However, they don't do anything extraordinary so it's just something basic that I use everyday.

My Rating: 3.5/5

Photo Credit: www.eucerin.com.my


Benefit Smoooch (RM95)

An excellent lip moisturizer that smooth and softens the lips tremendously. The unscented white goo practically melts onto the lips and moisture is locked into the lips. Lips feel soft and moisturized even after long hours. It doesn't make the lips feel oily or sticky at all so it's perfect for guys as well. Contains vitamin E and jojoba oil that relieves dry chapped lips. The packaging is not very good though as there would be a lot of wastage and since the formula is thick, it is difficult to get the product out towards the end. Very unfortunately, despite how much I love this lip balm, I'm allergic to it. So, yeah. Go for it if you're not allergic.

My Rating: 4/5

Photo Credit: www.sephora.com


The Body Shop Born Lippy Cool Mint Lip Balm (RM18)

Having red throbbing lips from the reaction that I got from some lipstick, I tried this refreshingly minty lip balm and the swelling and itchiness subsided within a few minutes. I bought the lip balm right away. I has the yummiest mint scent and gives the coolest mint sensation on the lips. Although it's flavored, the taste is just a tiny hint of sweetness. It also leaves a pearly sheen on the lips without looking oily. This would be a perfect lip balm to relieve lip sensitivities. However, it is not very moisturizing so I'd recommend pairing this up with a more moisturizing lip balm. The packaging is simple and neat but would be rather inconvenient since it's in a jar.

My Rating: 4/5

Photo Credit: www.thebodyshop.com.au



La Mer The Lip Balm (RM188)

Priced ten times more than the body shop's, this lip balm is just a fancy schmancy product. Being one of the cheaper products of La Mer, it is also a buy for those who wants to show off but can't afford the more pricey La Mer products. There's a lot of mumbo jumbo in the description but I don't see a good delivery. The minty feeling isn't too distinct and the taste is a tad too sweet. You wouldn't wanna be lapping up 188 bucks of lip balm! It doesn't feel greasy but it doesn't moisturize too well for a La Mer product. It's just average in every aspect of it.

My Rating: 2.5/5

Photo Credit: www.weloveshopping.com




L'occitane 100% Shea Butter (RM28)

"Shea butter is known especially for its cosmetic properties as a moisturizer. It is also a known anti-inflammatory agent.Shea butter is marketed as being effective at treating the following conditions: fading scars, eczema, burn, rashes, acne, severely dry skin, blemishes, dark spots, skin discolorations, chapped lips, stretchmarks, wrinkles..."[wikipedia.org]
Naturally, I was ecstatic when I found out how miraculous shea butter is and hunted for this lip balm right away. The texture was very silky and it felt good on the lips but the effect... meh. No miracle. I still had dry, chapped, eczema-ed lips. No tremendous results but it makes a pretty decent lip balm. Now, if only it doesn't melt at room temperature.
My Rating: 3/5

Photo Credit: www.skinstore.com

3 comments:

Lilcarmen said...

ahhhh..why din't write bout my MyLipStuff lipbalms worrrrrrrrrrrrr..lol

Connie said...

I can't use them! So you write! :p My lips still messed up from Benefit's Her Glossiness. Grrr....

Honey Star said...

Yes, its horrible trying to get the perfect balm for eczema lips. :( sob sob. Recently I've discover Eucerin's Aguaphor. Its really good and super cheap for a huge tube. Too bad cant get in M'sia. If you have frens in the US, get them to send you some.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy