Skin Deco

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Heated Eyelash Curler + Canmake Mascara

I love shopping! After searching high and low for a good and economical eyelash curler, I saw this nifty gadget and thought I'd give it a try. I also got greedy and bought a new mascara to try and 2 brushes. I'll post the 2 brushes later.


Watson's Heated Eye Lash Curler (RM6.90)
















This thinga machiga runs on 2 AAA batteries to heat up a silicone curler tip that will turn from pink to white when heated so that you'll know that it's ready for use. It's not too hot but just warm enough to help curl the lashes. The plastic curve fits onto my eye quite well and manages to curl most of my lashes. The silicone and plastic is gentle so I'm not too afraid that my lashes would get pulled out while curling. The staying power of the curl isn't too bad but not the best that I've ever had. For such an amazing price, it's a neat lil device to have. Plus it has a 1-year warranty. Top are before pictures. Bottom, after.

My Rating: 4/5








Canmake Extra Long Curl Waterproof Mascara (RM29.90)



There was a 20% discount so I only paid about 20 bucks for it. Let's see... the formula was rather dry but it did have loads of fibers which gradually increases the length of the lashes really well. However, the fibers tend to fall into my eyes and cause major irritation. The wand is slim making it great for short lashes and to get hard to reach lashes. The curling doesn't really work as it doesn't curl if I don't use an eyelash curler.





The formula doesn't smudge so it does stand by its waterproof claim but it's rather hard to remove. Luckily, the formula doesn't cause lashes to fall off. The feel of the mascara on the lashes is rather stiff and when layering, it clumps quite a bit. I used my Missha mascara base to add in some volume but that caused it to clump more. I think the application would be much improved if the formula wasn't so dry.

My Rating: 2.5/5

1 comments:

ilumtics said...

besides Watson heated eyelash curler, did you ever use any other heated type? i saw one at Sasa as well, think price about similar to watson one, but don't know which one is better...

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy