OK, before you do this you'll have to de-pan your eyeshadows first if they're in a case. You can heat up the bottom of the pan and pry the eyeshadow pan off but that's a whole other thing! You must also make sure that your eyeshadow pan can stick on the magnet. If it doesn't cut out a piece of magnet and stick it on the bottom of the pan first.
Here's what you need:
- Eye shadow in pans
- Magnetic rubber sheet
- Double-sided tape
- Ruler and pen
- Name card holder
- Label stickers
- Measure the size of the name card holder to determine how much of the magnet sheet that you need to cut out
- After cutting out, stick down the sheet onto the card holder with double-sided tape. Make sure you have the magnetic side up
- Arrange the eye shadow pans onto the magnetic sheet and ta-da! You have yourself an eye shadow palette
- You can stick label stickers on the inner top part or if you can find a tiny mirror, you can stick that on instead if it fits
- Finally, decorate your new palette as you like it. I skipped this step because I'm lazy
I'm gonna do this with a CD case as well. Same concept. Will show pictures when I finally get to doing them.